Here’s a recipe we just tried and it’s mmm-good!
When money is tight, the next best thing after the “chicken of the sea” is actual shredded chicken from a can. We’re going to transform these into something like a sort of balled-up chicken parmesan. They’re easy and scrumptious, and they’re even better if you top them with some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese!
- 2 cans chicken
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (56 g) reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 tbsp (40 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp (64 g) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (61 g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain your canned chicken and then combine all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until everything is incorporated.
- Take out a baking sheet, coat it with some nonstick cooking spray, and shape your mix into about 7 balls.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Serving Size (1 serving)Recipe yields 7